Enso Tips & Tricks
SitemapUse the Sitemap button in the toolbar to get a quick overview of all the pages within your website and navigate to them. They will be listed alphabetically within their sections. This is a quick way to view which pages are in draft mode. The blue bar will denote You Are Here :) for the active page you are on.
Add PageClick on Add Page in the toolbar to add a page anywhere in your site. You will need to enter unique info for the new page:
- Page Name
- Page URL — will be filled in automatically to match the Page Name (but can be edited)
- Add this page in — choose the location (Home = main section on navigation bar)
- Page Layout — select the template for your page. See examples here.
- Publish — choose Published or Draft mode
- Navigation — ADD page to navigation links (Navigation links will not be visible to everyone until the page is published) -or- DO NOT ADD page to navigation links
- Sitemap — for your purposes, always leave this checked
Edit PageTo edit a page click on the Edit Page button in the toolbar. Any area that is outlined in blue is editable by you. Each element will have different types of edits depending on how it was set up. The various types of editable content are as follows:
- HTML = most common type of editable element • large chunk of content where you can add text, lists, images, links, videos, etc. • edit in Design view or HTML view if you are getting fancy • used for main blocks of content • example: Welcome on Home Page
- Singleline = a simple single line of text • example: slogan
- Navigation = the head navigation, main navigation, section (sidebar) navigation, and footer navigation are all editable • drag the page names into the order of your choice • you may rename the name in the navigation without necessarily changing the name of the page (though use with caution) • hit the [X] to remove the file from the navigation (this will NOT delete the page)
- Image = upload a file from your computer, or select one that is already on the web server • organized by folders • to upload: click on + Upload button, then Select to choose a file from your computer, upload several files at once by simply using the Add button, then push Upload • you may also add a link or Alt Tag to any image
- Repeater = a collection of (above noted) fields that repeats • example: Home Page News & Events text list, or Home Page News & Events image rotation
Page Level, Section Level, or Site LevelEvery editable Enso element is set to either Page Level, Section Level, or Site Level. This determines where it shows up within the website. You may view the element's level, when you are editing it, a note reads "Page Level/Section Level/Site Level" in the upper right corner. Most elements are defaulted to Page Level. Some elements, such as the slogan or copyright, or footer area are set to Site Level, so that if you change it one place on the website, it will change on the whole site on every page. Several elements, such as the sidebar navigation, are set to Section Level, so that they are consistent throughout one section (like About Us and all of its children pages) of the website.
Name, URL & LayoutChange the name of the page, URL (example: /about-us/ » /who-we-are/), or layout template at any time by pushing the Edit Page button and then the Name, URL & Layout button on the left sidebar. The Layout drop down will give you a list of the various page layout templates.
See complete list or Page Layouts here.
Title & DescriptionThe Title bar will automatically fill in by default with Website Name | Section Name | Page Name, but you may change this at any time by pushing the Edit Page button, then the Title & Description button on the left sidebar. You may want to change the Title in order to better serve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ranking.
It is highly recommended to also customize the Page Description and Page Keywords for EVERY PAGE of your website to improve the site's SEO ranking (the better the targeted keywords, the higher you will rank in search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.).
Best Practice Guidelines for SEO:
- Page Title = limit to 70 characters or less
- Meta (Page) Description = limit to 150 characters or less
- Meta (Page) Keywords = target 10-30 keyword phrases (combinations of 2-3 word combinations)
- for more information on SEO Best Practices, contact HeyDay Creative
Tracking CodePush the Edit Page button, then the Tracking Code button on the left sidebar. You can copy and paste code from Google Analytics into the Website Tracking Code box, then follow your Analytics report weekly, or monthly. See how many visitors are coming, how long they are staying, what your bounce rate is and more. Make adjustments to your SEO (Title & Description) to improve your report results.
Page Status: Draft Mode vs. Published ModeSet the Page Status for any page on the website to Draft or Published at any time, using the drop down menu in the toolbar. When the page is in Draft mode it will be hidden to the public, but visible when logged in to the admin area. You may quickly see an overview of Draft pages by clicking on the Sitemap button.
Hide ToolbarYou may need to hit the Hide Toolbar / Show Toolbar button in the upper right in order to view any content that is hidden behind it, such as the head navigation.
Adding / Managing Staff Connections UsersIn order to Add or Delete Users to the Staff Connections page:
- Navigate to the Staff Connections page by using the Sitemap
- Add a username and password and click on the button ADD USER.
- To change the password, simple delete that user and re-add them.